Friday, June 27, 2008

Not My Fault Joly Wants Me [Kaddis]

Well, truth be told I’d dipped a little too much into the rum stores and was half dazing and really tired, so I didn’t really do much. The highlight of the evening was probably when I stalked -I mean tracked 'cause I'm not a stalker- Jolyma and Taelac to the inn. There’s lots of people there and I was afraid of losing them in the crowd, or of random daggers flying at me. Lucky for all of us they were in the back room, lucky for me, because that made them easy to find, and lucky for them because I was able to join them.
Joly, Kaddis, and Tae

I huggled Jolyma after she said something about me trying to get her in trouble with Yamiko all the time. I told her to stop putting herself in situations where she’d get in trouble if I told Yamiko what she did. That’s when I huggled her in hopes she’d simply huggle me in return and I’d get a shot of her doing that so I could tell Yamiko Jolyma was coming onto me. Really, Yami. It’s always Joly coming onto me, one day I’ll get proof of it. She even called me ‘hun’ when she saw me.
Kaddis huggles Jolyma

Talk of the night was a treasure drop tourney for a familiar. I’m complete rubbish in that game, but thought I’d give it a go. My first match was against fellow crew mate Inga. It was a close game, but I got a lucky hole right at the end that allowed me to win the game. She was ahead of me the whole time until that point. I didn’t make it past the second round, but was surprised I even made it to the second round.

Then someone challenged me to a little sword fight and they wanted to wager. I don’t normally wager, but I figured I’d give it ago. The rum I’d been having tricked me into think I had a falchion when all I had was a foil, or I’d have thought twice about that wager. The match was longer than the money made it worth, but in the end I received my first grand-master on this ocean. They added me to his hearty list, but didn’t even say ‘good game’ to me, and didn’t speak to me afterward either. He’s no longer on my list. If you can’t even speak to me, I can’t expect you’ll be much of a hearty.
grand-master in sword fighting

No comments:

Post a Comment