Sunday, March 08, 2009

Wild Parties

It was party time and I was afraid I’d be running late, so I ran to my counting house on Jubi -well not, run I had to cross water and to do that I had to take a ferry- to grab my money to throw at people during the party. I already had the prizes on me, I’d been lugging them around since January. These furniture pieces get heavy after awhile, but at least I’m strong as a kraken now. I ran back to the house to change since I was wearing the same clothes from the day before. I saw Chavez was there staring at the board and waiting for the party to start. I smacked his booty then ran downstairs where the tables were and thus the party would be held. I had to catch my breath from all that running for fear of popping my corset strings. Heavy breathing and corsets don’t mix.
Photobucket

I mentioned over flag officer chat that the party would start soon, but no one asked for an invite. Then Flood repeated my message in a flag broadcast. He can make his voice sound just like mine, it’s really eerie.
Photobucket

A few mates showed up over the next fifteen minutes and I was afraid they’d be all that came so I decided to go ahead and give them a tourney. I had forgotten to buy myself a parlor badge and said I’d have to wait on doubloons but Jacenz was kind enough to send me 5 doubloons for a badge. Thanks a million, Jacenz.
Photobucket

I started out with small tourneys offering only the old weapons I get from Cursed Isles and about three thousand poe a tourney.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

It was when more mates showed up that I decided to put up the bigger prizes. We had a nice turn out for the party, my mates were just teasing me by being late. I think they all wanted to be fashionably late, but it’s not fashionable when everyone does it. Anyway, I messed up when I went to do the tournament to win the brand new yellow and brown carven bench I had to give away. I made it a public tourney. I’d also put more money in the pot for that one too. All the tourneys after that had no less than five thousand in the pot each. Swissymissy won the bench. She was very gracious about it, so I don’t feel bad.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On the plus side I think making that tournament public caught the attention of a few more flag mates who got to see the kinds of things I give away at parties and so I got several more invite requests during that one. Other furniture prizes included an aqua globe table and a tan and white sofa. Those weren’t in new condition, but if you don’t move as often as I do, they’ll last a long time still anyway.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tikao donated some money to the party which was great, since these parties always come out of my own coffers so I’m always happy to take donations. So big thanks to Tikao for her party in giving money to throw away. What I didn’t spend of her donation last night will go toward one of the big prizes of next month’s party.
Photobucket

Thanks to Captain Flood who put a tourney up during the party as well. It doesn’t hurt my feelings when others put up tournaments. When I throw parties feel free to bring unwanted items and put them up as prizes.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Zippy showed up. He was really late and the party was mostly over by then. Mates were lingering to play poker on Chavez table and just hang out. Those of us left sang happy birthday to him, since it was indeed his birthday.
Photobucket

Since there wasn’t enough mates left for a real tournament I challenged everyone in the room, saying whoever could beat me in a swordfight would get 500 poe. Rholeper took me up on that offer and took my poe too.
Photobucket

It was about this time I realized I didn’t give away one of the prizes. Diamond had posted on the forums she was willing to give 2 hours of her time out as a prize, and I forgot to pimp her out to my mates.
Photobucket

Mint chocolate:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment