Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dragoon Take Hawkings! [Ara]

I seemed to have over looked some things from last night, so I’ll start by telling you about that. I already mentioned my last voyage of the night was with my crew. Well, while on that voyage my flaggie Muertelo decided to tell a story. He’d had more than his share of rum by this point.
Muertelo tells a story

After the voyage was over we fell into rank and waited for Tikao to inspect us. We’d all obviously had too much rum, otherwise the inspection would have come before the voyage, not after. But in my own defense, I did go on more voyages than normal yesterday. That’s a lot of rum drinking.
Tikao inspects crew and jobbers
Ara passes inspection

After such a busy day I slept well past noon before getting up again. I had a bit of a headache, but I had some more rum and it went away.

I went on a voyage to Atlantis with my darling Hawkings and the second best planker in the ocean, Jolynn. There was a crowd of people in my way and I couldn’t get to Hawkings at first. I was very sad.
Hawkings sleeps safely behind a crowd were Ara can’t get him

I met a new hearty named Portia. Poor thing was nice to me. She’ll never get away now.
Portia

I love my Joly! She knows I go to Atlantis mostly to stab stuff and get goodies, so she always lets me join the fray, even though I work other stations too. I don’t think I should have to laze just to get the chance to stab dragoons. She also lets me do one versus one, which I enjoy.
It’s scandalous for Ara to like the planking Joly.

I told them I have a no sink rule, and they agreed not to sink. Ships don’t sink with me on them. I don’t like sinking at all. I’ve been around too long without injury and have tempted fate way too many times. I just know I’ll lose a limb or an eye in the next sink.
Ara tells her no sink rule, and CD likes the rule

As for my one on one with the dragoon? You win some, you lose some.
Ara wins!
Ara lost

But then something horrible happened. We were in a fray and won, but as the dragoons left, they took Hawkings with them. I was very distraught. I cried a lot and beat up every dragoon that came my way. Then we left Atlantis without ever going to rescue Hawkings. My emotions were clouding my judgment and I kept yelling we needed to go back. Another pirate onboard said those that fall behind get left behind to which another female responded the codes were just more like guidelines anyway. But we still ported without him and I wept a lot.
Dragoon take Hawkings
Ara wins again!

At port I noticed I had two new trophies, and I also got a neat sword from a chest in Atlantis. It was my first time making it back to port from Atlantis and so also my first time getting anything for it. But that’s why I don’t get my hopes up and go to stab dragoons.
sea monster trophies Dirk
CD, Jolynn, Mergen, and Arachne

Hawkings found his own way out of Atlantis and back to us. He was so angry that the dragoons took him that we rushed back in there in a sloop. Then we swam back to shore.

Later in the day I went on a small pillage with Reepacheep. Wasn’t that much later as I was still hanging out as a jobber in their crew. Chaosdaddy seemed to have a bit too much rum and was trying to sing. Emphasizes on the word trying.
CD tries to sing

Jolynn asks who let Ara in, but Reep denies knowing.

There was a funny point in which the enemy seemed to overwhelm us and it looked so much like we were going to lose that we’d all consented to defeat already. Well, all but Reep who saved the day.
Reep saves the day

No comments:

Post a Comment