Wednesday, July 11, 2007

You Float My Boat

Sometimes I’m overwhelmed by the people that have remained true in my life. Believe it or not it’s not a common thing for me and so it’s hard for me to trust people. It often seems like every time I let someone in I get hurt. But pain always measures larger than joy in life. It’s just human nature to see the bad over the good.

Sometimes I have to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. I take a good hard look around me and I see those that have hurt me, often on purpose. I stand facing them, so they’re often all I see. Then at times I turn around and see those that have my back. My friends. They’re right where they always have been, standing at my side. I get tunnel vision, looking only at those that wish me harm and often overlook those that don’t.

I do see you though. I do know you’re there, and I’m overwhelmed with gratitude that you’ve always been by my side. You make me cry, but the tears are of joy. You can never know how much it means to me that you have stuck by my side through the thick of it all and that you’re still standing there next to me. This of course also puts me next to you, at your side.

I do desire to defend you. I would love to say that I’d die for you. That almost sounds nice, but it’s not true. I will not die by the hands of your enemies for you. I will slay your enemies for you. Anyone that tries to stand against you stands against me and will fall.

I love you. Thanks for being my hearty.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    <3 you bunches. Even if you are a bit on the unstable side :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 PM

    I'm the one standing right behind you, hon... always! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Woof, you are one of my closest heartie too, all 2~3 of you do that mean I get more hugs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard you say. Of course I'm always behind you, and there are few women who can say that ^_~.

    It's very true, the negative is often the view of us, becasue that is the way the world is. But it's always good that, when you finally turn around, there are people there, weapons and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:38 PM

    yay! lol (lots of love) lol (laugh out loud) lol

    hehe!

    was that Lizzy?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Rami I may not comment on your blog but I do read it everyday :D

    - Siren

    ReplyDelete