Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rough Seas

I started the day just kinda hanging around. There was a blockade going on, but I didn’t really feel like working it so instead I went and managed the tailor stall a bit. Loki showed up and told me he’d been demoted. I was a bit shocked but he didn’t seem upset so I knew right away it was not a serious matter, though when I asked him why he said it was because Jolyma was mean. (he had used his main in a blockade.) He said something about it in flag officer chat and got into a conversation with Pinkhas.

This caused trouble because some people don’t like flag officers communicating in a friendly manner. They want us all to keep quiet and never speak unless it directly benefits them. Communication is an essential element in a healthy flag though. Not just the communication that tells us what ship to board in a blockade, but decent friendly joking as well that lightens the mood, boosts morale, and encourages to be more than just flaggies. Friendly joking encourages to be friends as well.

No one tries to make anyone in Imperial Coalition read flag officer chat if they do not wish, yet a small handful of people try to keep the larger number of friendly pirates from speaking. I of course think they can get over themselves. They have a choice to read that chat and do not have to read it if they do not wish. As long as it’s kept clean and free of real spam then I’m okay with getting along. And by getting along, I mean friendly conversations that encourage friendships and strengthen the bonds of teamwork which our flag claims to stand for.

At the end of the day my daughter Narelei gave me a present just to show her love for me. Inside was a violet and black wide brimmed hat. Which happens to match my party dress.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment