Friday, November 05, 2010

First Full Day in Sea Change

Pirate Log: sea date 05.11.10
Ramina

It was a very good first full day in my new flag and I'm loving all my flag mates so far. They are friendly and pleasant.

Pillage One
I was a bit bored and decided it was a good time to job randomly off the notice board. Not wanting to show up on an empty ship and then get bored and leave, I was going down the jobbing list and checking to see how full ships were. The first four had only the captain on board. Then I found one that was almost full and by coincidence, had a crew member of mine on it as well. I took that as a sign of fate and took a job for Saphiq of The Shadow Falcons.
someone leaves ship as fight startscookies!
Ramina wipes the blood off her blade on Saphiq's coat.ouch

At one point I told Saphiq I was just as good at sailing as I was at carpentry, but it seems I lied and am better at sailing. Or was at that moment at any rate. Throughout the day my standing in sailing went up once and down three times. My carpentry too was up and down all day. It seems I'm shaking off the cobwebs from having been dead, but am not quite back to my former glory.
standing in sailing goes up


Also during this pillage someone was nice enough to cover me in a rumble match. I'm not sure who that was, but it was very sweet.
Rami is defended
Saphiq on his ship

Pillage Two
I took a job with the crew Mutiny of the flag Sea Change. Rockis was at the helm and probably pretty happy as his ship was full of only other women. I believe it may have been Joeyjo's ship however as she kept yelling for people not to step on her junk which was littered all over the deck.
list of mates on board
Rockis is the damsal of his crewCeda says Rockis has a harem and Joey says to not step on her junk

During the voyage I crossed paths with Rascalyred. I have not seen her in forever, not since the day I died (When I cleared my hearty list thinking I'd never play Ramina again.) She greeted me as Mina just like she used to back in the old days and now several of the other flaggies also refer to me as Mina. I don't mind at all, I kinda like it, especially since most people mispronounce Rami with a long a, which makes me think of a sheep.
Rami sees her old friend, Red

Rockis and Joeyjo are on a ship covered in junk

Pillage Three
My third pillage of the day was also with Mutiny. They are starting to feel like a second home already.
Mistakemker's hemp covered ship, also with Joeyjo

Pillage Four
The fourth pillage of the day I went on was lead by Batomatic of Still Of The Night under the flag Sea Change. This was a very interesting pillage full of madness and randomness. And Joeyjo, who was on three of the four pillages I went on this day.
Batomatic's snow covered ship with Ramina, Captainflood, and Joeyjo

At some point Batomatic asked the crew if they liked her reenactment of the movie Titanic. I had missed what had happened, but I think it may have looked something like this.
Second time in the night that Batomatic runs into rocks

Captainflood was also distracted by his duty station at the time and missed it as well. I asked Batomatic to redo it for him, which she later did (as evident by the shot above.) I told her that her reenactment made me cry and she said it made her cry too.
Bat says Flood will have to buy a ticket to see it again

Among the randomness was singing. Joey sang a song about a bee and I sang a song about a pirate losing her corset at sea.
Joey sings a bumble bee songRami sings a bawdy sea shanty and Joey guns blind

As the hour got late both myself and Joeyjo told Batomatic we needed sleep. She tricked us into staying for another battle but fate was against us sleeping and there was a lot more engaging and disengaging before we reached port, and some treasure haul in between. I ended up staying up two hours later than I had intended.
Sleep is wanted by the crew

Joey keeps abandoning a gunning station, plank her!

During that last battle of the night I had finally asked why Batomatic keeps speaking in code. Joey told me I was trying to complicate things and proceeded to explain the code. I am still lost. It's a good thing I never pay attention to the score anyway.
Ramina asks for a Batomatic Code Manual

All hangs on butts

As we neared the port and thought sleep was just around the corner, the ship we were trying to avoid, turned around and came after us. We had already had our one last battle and just wanted sleep.
Sail for your sleep mates.

The weary ship made it to port and sleep was ours. The pillage had been fun and I made new friends. I love making new friends. Having friends is awesome.
talk of being weary

New Hearties
Rockis is now Rami's hearty
Ceda is Rami's hearty
Batomatic is Rami's hearty

No comments:

Post a Comment