Friday, February 22, 2008

Jealousy and Revenge [Ara]

Quote of the Day
Photobucket


My crew were talking about Atlantis and wanting to go out and there was mention of them maybe making me actually do some officer duties, which I don’t understand, I thought my task was to just look pretty. I started looking into this whole Atlantis thing anyway. I’d been a few times, but it wasn’t anything of note, I never get anything cool and I’m deathly afraid of getting an ugly injury. I’d hate to lose a limb or an eye, but a starfish would be pretty so that’d be okay. I went out with the Royal Pillagers, but they had the curse of the bad jobbers.

PhotobucketI hopped around so many ships I can’t really remember clearly everything that was done. It was a nice and busy day, but those are the types of days I like. I do remember going into a flotilla with my crew. They had me XO, because they said I’m good at yelling at people. It was nice though, I didn’t have to yell very much. Just had one little greenie that almost gave me troubles, but I scared her into working so all is good. I had decided to try the whole girlfriend thing and claimed Phaedroa as my own. While on the pillage I tried to make her jealous with Ruin, but Phae didn’t get jealous. On the plus side though I gained a hearty in Ruin.

PhotobucketI was walking around and making sure people were working and not sleeping. Occasionally I’d hop on a station if that one needed help and everyone was working. Eyeore decided not to work though and started following me around. So I led her to an open sail station and put her to work. Nice try though, Eye.


PhotobucketAfter that we went on a pillage in a Baghlah. I wasn’t XOing then so I just hopped on my station and was ready to do my job. There was one annoying jobber however that kept jumping stations when Lawson had said he only wanted two on carp and two on bilge, so she kept messing up the count. Tikao or Lawson were constantly having to ask for someone from one of those to go to the other, which was often our new guy, Gunnpowder. But I liked that, it showed good teamwork and a willingness to do as his officers asked, and he did it voluntarily without being told directly. Finally I had enough and told the little station hopper causing the trouble to stay put or else. This was just after she’d hopped from carp to bilge, leaving carp with one and bilge with three. She was wise enough to go back to carp when I called her out on it.

We ported and were just standing around being our normal crew loving selves –and talking about how we were all annoyed by that station hopper- when a new guy showed up. He was all pretty and so I got to pet him. He wanted a fun loving crew and so walking in on us when we’re hanging around deck and just having fun was probably a good first impression. I think everyone’s first impression of him was also good. He seemed to fit right in as if he’d always been one of us.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment